Pages

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Zombie a go-go.

Well, I'm suffering slightly from painting fatigue at the moment, which has given my brain more time to think about what is next on my list. I think it would be a good idea to scale down a little for the next project, so it seems it will be a good opportunity to work on my 15mm zombies.


Aside from a distinct lack of zombies (they are in a box out of shot), this is pretty much what I have at the moment. So fairly thin on the ground. On the other hand,  I have a huge pile of printed out card buildings and road sections to assemble, as well a load more figures from Rebel Minis. The playing area is only 2 feet square at the moment, but I hope to fill it up and grow to a dining table sized urban area soon enough!

One thing I do want to do is make some plain grey tiles to fill in the areas around the roads, so it doesn't look like everything is built on grass! I should say this is a budget project for me (can you tell?!), so it doesn't look as snazzy as a lot of zombie projects people blog about...

As for rules, I have both All Things Zombie and No More Room in Hell. I have only played ATZ but I am aiming on playing both rules and writing up some kind of comparison.

If any of you zombie fans out there have useful hints and tips, please feel free to share!

5 comments:

  1. Brains, brains!!! Oh wait, useful tips, right.

    You could create some fog on your table and let the zombies come out if it. Maybe even put some green light in there to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dreamfish! I've actually got some Halloween spider web which I was going to use as fog in another game, I'll have to dig it out. I could imagine it looking pretty cool with some green LEDs!

    Unfortunately I've decided that the street tiles would probably look better scaled to 80% of their original size (or thereabouts), compared to the suggested 64% for 15mm. On the plus side it will mean I need fewer on the table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look rather good. Really like this have been thinking about getting into 15mm but not taken the plunge yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is all a little sparse for my liking, but it is very much a work in progress. I actually laid this out to have a quick test of No More Room in Hell, but other pressing things came up and I had to pack it away before I had more than 2 turns.

      I'll certainly be posting more 15mm zombie stuff in the future.

      Delete