Pages

Monday 12 March 2012

Hiatus

I just wanted to let those of you eagerly waiting for more Doctor Who news (or checking to see what other projects  may be spontaneously demanding my attention)  know that I am going to be taking a break for a while.

I'm getting married in two weeks and, although I have tried to keep on hobbying until the last possible moment, there is really too much going on right now to spend time painting or modelling.

But fear not, I shall return refreshed and with a little more time to spend on the hobby. Things I have had to 'freeze' at the moment include:

  • Terrain for Doctor Who, including simple roads, a church & graveyard and a quarry
  • Two more Companions and UNIT forces
  • A look at the 2nd edition of the FNG rules from Two Hour Wargames
  • A bizarre new obsession with GW's old Gorkamorka skirmish game
So when I return I hope to be progressing with all the above, plus getting on with 'Warhammer 3rd Edition', 'All Things Zombie' and the countless other projects I have put on the back burner.

Thanks for following this blog and I'll see you all in a few weeks!

Cheers
Chris

5 comments:

  1. I wish both a wonderful day and every happiness; looking forward to your return after the big event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michael! I'm looking forward to getting married, but I'm also looking forward to not having to worry about how everything is going to go. Don't think either of us realised it was going to be quite so much work!

      Delete
  2. Wishing you every happiness in your marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Mr Chris. The big moment. For better and for worse, and all that.

    People always feel compelled to offer advice when they come across those about to commit their lives to each other. Of course, I am no different. My advice would simply be this: if you contrive to make your wedding day the worst possible day of your entire marriage (and I don't think that should be too hard - weddings (not marriages, just the actual day) are awful), then you should have an exceptionally happy marriage. Or an exceptionally short one. Either outcome is good.

    Good luck, and may God bless you both!

    Regards
    Gaj

    ReplyDelete