Pages

Tuesday 29 January 2013

BUGS!

Title says it all really. A bit obvious, but at least you know what you are getting... I have finally painted all my Khurasan bugs and while my use of the word 'all' should not lead you to think I have covered my table in them, I feel it is still an achievement to have painted all of anything!

As those who have seen previous entries will know, I am using these as part of a 15mm Starship Troopers project. As an aside, I recently got the Skinnie, Arachnid, Mobile Infantry and Roughnecks army books from the author on ebay and he kindly went to the effort of signing them for me. I mention this mainly as he has more available for anyone who is interested and, if you are lucky, you can get them for about £2 each.

But anyway, onto the show!

First up are the Warrior Bugs. 24 of these, which will form two groups of twelve in my games, or perhaps 4 of six depending on how flexible I need them to be:



Next is the 'Ogre Beetle', which will be used as a Tanker Bug in SST. I like this figure mainly as it looks quite effective with a simple paint job!



Finally the Hopper Bugs. Part of me would like it if they all came with open wings, but I quite like the variety in the pack. In SST they will make two units of four to outflank the Mobile Infantry.


Lastly, a group shot showing the hoard in all its glory. It makes up approximately 1000 points in SST, without any additional assets like bug holes which I would probably want to use in a game.



In terms of growing the army, more Warrior Bugs will be next on my buy list. I will paint more as 'regular' warriors, but can use different paint schemes to donate workers, tiger or guard bugs as I wish. I will probably just use alternate painting to distinguish blaster and blister bugs too.

That's all for now. Hopefully the next entry will be my Light Mobile Infantry.

11 comments:

  1. Buggggss! I have those from KM, but haven't gotten around to painting them. Yours turned out very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am quite happy with them, especially as it can get a bit tedious painting a lot of the same thing! Maybe that's why I've tended more towards sci-fi or skirmish gaming!

      Delete
  2. They look superb Christ, What figures are you going to use for troopers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Simon. The troopers are going to be GZG figures. FreeCalTex for the Light MI, NAC (I think, perhaps) for Exo Suit troopers and then Federals from Khurasan for 'regular' MI. As for the largern power armour, I'm not yet sure.

      You can see some of my LMI in action here!:
      http://cthulhuchris.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/do-you-want-to-know-more.html

      Delete
  3. They are jolly splendid and so many of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SST was a great game, I'm looking forwards to your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, me too! It has been a bit of a slog getting things done, but I am making good progress now! Makes a change!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Cheers mate. Let's sort out a game when I've finished my Mobile Infantry as well!

      Delete
  6. This is an ultra thin Patek Philippe perpetual calendar in 18k white gold 5940G-001. It has an alligator leather strap with an 18-carat white gold pin buckle in combination with a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal. There are solid and sapphire interchangeable backs. The fixed case with two bodies from 37 mm to 44.6 mm, the rounded frame in tonneau and the loops upwards are polished. The dial is silver with Arabic Breguet index applied in 18-karat white gold, gold feuille hour hands, and has a trace of minutes with circumference points. There are three fake Rolex subsidiaries in silver with rows of black hours, Arabic numerals and white gold hands, including a 24-hour indicator and weekdays at 9, a combination of leap years and a month of 3, and there is a lunar phase and a radial date indicator at 6- the time. It is water resistant up to 30 meters and there is a reserve of 48 hours in full wind. The 8.6 mm thick bag, dial and movement are all signed.

    ReplyDelete