Pages

Sunday 6 July 2014

Alcohol related mystery!

No, I do not mean I had to much to drink last night! While on holiday during a couple of weeks ago, I picked up a little tipple for the evening, mainly as I liked the name:


So what is the mystery? Well, I looked up Blooody Furlong on the company website (http://www.celticmarches.com/shop/bloody-furlong/) and read the following:

"Charles 1st led his Cavaliers through Bromyard in 1645 on his way to fight Cromwell's Roundheads. A ferocious battle was fought on 'Bloody Furlong' which is now one of our apple orchards."

Try as I might, I could find no information about its engagement on the internet! I assume it was in the run up to Naseby but this is just a guess!

If anyone out there has any more information, I'd be very interested to hear about it!



No comments:

Post a Comment