Pages

Sunday 5 October 2014

WHFB 4th Edition Books

In keeping with my recently increasing obsession with Warhammer Fantasy 4th Edition, I made a list of all the available publications (using the excellent Lexicanum website) and was happy to see I've got quite a lot of them! On the downside, this has prompted a huge desire to collect the rest! Still, it is the kind of thing that can be done quite cheaply with time and patience!

On the downside, you'll see from my list that I've expanded slightly into the 5th Edition books as well. I figured that as there is not a massive amount of difference between the two editions, why would I deny myself access to army books for Bretonnians and Lizardmen!

So here is my current list. If anyone is able to help out with any of the below, feel free to drop me a message. 


The only thing I am unsure about is the 5th Edition Seige supplement, as I only seem to find bad reviews of it online. I might be better off using the Siege and Conquest book for Warhammer Ancient Battles...

One thing I am wondering about is why the Vampire Counts book cover is done in such a different style to the other 4th/5th army books? Was it the last one published before 6th Edition came out and intended as the 'new look' but then abandoned? Who knows?!

In other news, I'm in the process of assembling some Chaos Warriors and hope to make progress in painting my Chaos Army soon. 

Part of me is wondering if I should go the whole hog and start a new blog for WHF 4th Ed. Oldhammer blogs seem to be quite popular, although I would probably class my efforts as more 'Retrohammer'. Oooh, there's my blog name sorted out...

2 comments:

  1. I have WAB Siege and Conquest if you want to look some time. Fantasy not really for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I wondered if you might have it! Might be good to have a look sometime.

      Delete