Pages

Sunday 12 October 2014

Zomtober 2014 (Week 2)

Well, here we are at the end of Week 2 of Zomtober 2014 and I am happy to say I have met my initial goal!

I have now painted staff, patients and security for the hospital, as well as going on a surprise printing and lamination spree to complete the floor plans for the whole building!

Here's the evidence! First up the figures:

Hospital Staff

Patients and Security Staff

All of my first Zomtober effort

And here are the floor plans:



Six floors of hell!


So now I am all set to get my ATZ campaign up and running. Exciting times indeed! And all thanks to Zomtober!

It has also got me thinking about making my own floor plans for exploring other buildings. I've run though the first couple of Hospital 911 scenarios already ('unofficially' as it were, not for the campaign) and they work really well in converting ATZ to more of a 'boardgame'. There is a lot to be said about being able to run a small game with minimal set up and certainly without needing to lay out a whole city section!

Finally, here is my table, recording my progress! Hope everyone else is having fun with Zomtober too!

[UPDATE: Here is the game I played with some of the figures I painted this week]



Scenario
Models
Quant
Done?
1,2
Hospital Staff
6
Yes
1,2
Hospital Security
2
Yes
1,2
Hospital Patients
3
Yes
1,2
Print and laminate 3rd Floor map
n/a
Yes
3
Police Officers
Min 2

3
Gangers
6(?)

3
Print and laminate Underground level 1
n/a
Yes
4
Police officer (for elevator surprise)
1

5
SWAT with SMG
4

7
Print and laminate rest of hospital
n/a
Yes
7
SWAT with SMG (reinforcements)
6

8,9
Reporter and cameraman
2

10,11
Gangers
6

12
Thief
1

13,14
Firemen
4

n/a
Suzie: Zombie hunter
1






Extras



Zombies
Loads


Army
8+


Riot Police
8+


Convert cars to police cars
2

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm just in the middle of writing up my game report, too.

      Delete
  2. What scale are they? They look silly small, way too small for me to paint. Well done dude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bob.

      They are 15mm from Rebel Minis. When I decided on the scale I had to think about if I could face painting potentially hundreds of zombies in 28mm. The answer was a resounding no. Oh, and could I store a 28mm cityscape.... Again, no...

      Delete
  3. I believe the scale is 15mm. Great scale for hoarding tons of stuff without your dear half to notice.
    Nice record table. Hope you can finish it all and post AAR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cedric

      I'm going to try and get as much done as I can, that's for sure. Not sure I'll do all of it by the end of the month, but if I start off well, I might just be inclined to keep on going!

      Delete
  4. Looking good, Chris. That weekly Zomtober deadline is a great motivator I find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Finch! You are right about it being motivating. It could have been many months otherwise! Hope you had the chance to check out and read my game report as well!

      Delete