Pages

Wednesday 5 November 2014

Zomtober 2014 (Week 4)

Well, here we are at the end of Zomtober.  Technically it ended the weekend before last, but I got a little delayed in finishing up and posting on my blog.

I'm quite happy with my output this week, moreso than the previous one. First up are 4 SWAT team members. Easy to paint these, just a black coat, dark grey dry brushing and the hands and faces. Job done as far as I'm concerned!



Second up are the figures I'm most happy with as part of this process. 4 firemen! These will make a fun change from the usual survivors used in zombie games. In fact they have specific firefighting scenarios in Hospital 911. 



I managed to undercoat two reporters, but didn't get to finish them in time. Still, I think Zomtober has been a success and I have added a lot of good stuff to my collection for zombie games. 

Here is my updated spreadsheet for the week. 


Scenario
Models
Quant
Done?
1,2
Hospital Staff
6
Yes
1,2
Hospital Security
2
Yes
1,2
Hospital Patients
3
Yes
1,2
Print and laminate 3rd Floor map
n/a
Yes
3
Police Officers
Min 2
Yes (6!)
3
Gangers
4
Yes
3
Print and laminate Underground level 1
n/a
Yes
4
Police officer (for elevator surprise)
1
Yes
5
SWAT with SMG
4
Yes
7
Print and laminate rest of hospital
n/a
Yes
8,9
Reporter and cameraman
2
No
12
Thief
1
Yes
13,14
Firemen
4
Yes
n/a
Suzie: Zombie hunter
1
Yes


I have removed a few entries which it turns out I already had painted or didn't need. I also removed the 'extras' section as that was just a bonus if I had time. So all in all I think I have done well this month, with only one entry having a  'No' by it at the end of the process.

So what's next? Well, I think it is time to take a break from the painting. I'm working on a Podracing variant for Machinas and am wanting to try out the new dungeon crawl rules from THW. On top of this I have obviously got more zombie games to play. 

Finally Christmas is fast approaching so I need to plan my game for that. But it is all in hand! An order with Rebel Minis has been placed for some figures I've long wanted. That will be combined with some existing rules I have to play a historically themed horror game. Let's just say for now that there are things far worse than the Indians lurking in the woods of Colonial America...

So lots to plan and think about and plenty to fuel blog posts for the rest of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment